What is Equi-Tape®?
Equi-Tape® is the first kinesiology tape designed specifically for the equine. It is an elastic cotton 2-way stretch tape technology containing advanced adhesive properties for ease of application, removal and placement longevity. Developed by Dr. Beverly Gordon in the early part of 2005, Dr. Gordon has since perfected the use of Equi-Tape® further developing the Equi-Taping® Methodology for conditions affecting the equine athlete for use in both training and conditioning as well as in rehabilitation and clinical recovery.
- Decrease muscle spasms
- Reduce inflammation and associated pain
- Reduce swelling and edema
- Re-educate muscle memory
- Support ligaments, tendons and joints
- Prevent injury and speed recovery
- Help with injury rehabilitation
- Increase circulation and promote healing
- Increase equine athletic potential
What are the principals behind Equi-Tape®s' effective use?
The mechanism by which Equi-Tape® affects the body is completely different from that of non-elastic athletic tape and can often times be confusing. The effect of Equi-Tape® is based on its ability to interact with the skin and associated neurosensory and mechanoreceptors. Elastic kinesiology Equi-Tape® does not compress the tissue as does other types of tapes and taping methods. Its design characteristics and associated application techniques, decompress tissue thereby allowing for increased circulation. This lifting principle behind the decompression also influences and thereby impacts how pain receptors respond to the messages associated with swelling and or inflammation.
- Support joints, ligaments and tendons while allowing full range of motion, making it an excellent choice for rehab or horses currently in training.
- Can be used in conjunction with, and can enhance the effects of other treatment modalities such as chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture, and massage.
- Discomfort from muscle overuse or weakness (sore back, trigger point, spasm)
- Lymphatic & circulatory issues (swollen joints, lymphedema) and trauma (bruising)
- Support for weak or injured joints (suspensory/tendon injuries), ankle, knee, and spinal issues (kissing spine, neck stiffness, sacroiliac issues)
- Improve training potential and athletic performance by helping horses recover quicker
- Preventively and in Rehab for horses prone to particular injuries and weaknesses.
*A $25 fee will be invoiced to those who do not show up for their appointments or do not give at least 24 hour cancellation notice*
Please consult your veterinarian or medical physician for diagnosis and treatment of serious injuries or conditions.
© HealthEquine Therapies 2018. All rights reserved.