What is Thalassotherapy?
Thalassotherapy is the therapeutic use of seawater in the form of marine products like algae, seaweed and marine mud to promote health & wellness.
What does Thalassotherapy mean?
The name Thalassotherapy comes from the Greek word thalassa ("the sea") and therapia ("treat") - Equithalasso: Thelassotherapy for horses
Where does Thalassotherapy originate from?
- The use of heated seawater for therapeutic benefits dates back to the Romans, who also loved soaking in hot minerals springs.
- Modern thalassotherapy was pioneered in France, which still has more thalassotherapy spas than any other country.
- The principle behind thalassotherapy is that repeated immersion in warm seawater, marine mud, and protein-rich algae helps restore the body's natural chemical balance.
- When immersed in warm seawater, the body absorbs the minerals it needs -- trace elements of magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium and iodide --through the skin
What is Equithalasso?
Equithalasso: Thelassotherapy for horses
Equithalasso is an equine product collection made exclusively from natural raw materials extracted from the sea. These drug-free, high quality, lab-certified products provide a variety of treatments tailored to your horse's specific needs in performance or recovery.
- Prepare joints and tendons to help prevent sprains and strains from heavy work or competition
- Helps to detoxify, reduce tension and soothe muscles and tissues
- Made from natural products from the sea
- 100% non-drug so there is zero interaction with blood/urine testing
- Certified by high-quality European laboratories
Who created Equithalasso?
Benedicte Lucazeau, the creator of the Equithalasso line, has specialized in equine and canine osteopathy & physiotherapy for almost 20 years. After extensive research and field testing, she launched the Equithalasso line in France in 2009. Equithalasso products are a unique and innovative concept that are part of a complete training and wellness regimen for equine athletes.
In 2011, she founded EQUIPHYSIO FORMATION, the first certified training of Masseur Physiotherapist Animalier in France geared towards physical recovery & algotherapy in horses and dogs.
What can Equithalasso do for my horse?
Before competition or work:
- Helps to physically prepare muscles and joints for the increased level and duration of activity
- Removes muscle tension to facilitate movement and impulsion
- Prepares joints and tendons to help prevent sprains and strains
After competition or work:
- Aids in and accelerates recovery
- Eliminates the toxins that build up post-effort
- Eliminates muscle tension and muscle soreness
- Soothes limbs and tissues: heat, swelling and strains
*A $25 fee will be invoiced to those who do not show up for their appointments or do not give at least 24 hour cancellation notice*
Please consult your veterinarian or medical physician for diagnosis and treatment of serious injuries or conditions.
© HealthEquine Therapies 2020. All rights reserved.